Individual Mission Trip visit our volunteer page.
Day Camp Group Mission Trip
Are you looking for a mission trip for your youth ages 15-17 years old, college and/or adults’ group that is reasonable in price and offers a personal ministry experience? Strong Tower Ranch would like to invite your group to come to the Ranch for a mission trip this summer. Your group will minister to many children, including children who are in foster care, have a parent in prison, have lost a family member due to drugs, violence, or suicide, have experienced abuse, or have financial challenges. Many children would not be able to go to camp without the sponsorships provided through donations to STR and the ministry of your group.
A summer mission trip to STR (staying at the Ranch) has five benefits for your group:
- Cost – $75 per person to STR (includes vol fee, lodging, lunches & snacks during camp) Your group decides additional costs for and provides your breakfasts & dinners.
- Training – Your team, ages 15+, receives leadership training to lead someone in a salvation decision and to encourage their growth in Christ. Some may also gain lesson teaching experience. These are important skills to bring to your church’s other outreaches.
- Outreach – If you are coming from Warren or St. Charles County, this outreach can enhance the efforts you are making to reach particular people in your community. STR will help to invite the children of families you are currently attempting to reach (and possibly provide transportation, if needed), giving you the opportunity to deepen those relationships.
- Service – Your team will experience ministry to children who need to know the love and hope found only in God. We serve all children, but prioritize registration for children in foster care, those who have a parent in prison, have experienced abuse, or lost a family member to overdose, violence, or suicide.
- Discipleship – Besides the ministry outreach aspect, there is time every day from 5:00 pm on for you to have fun with and disciple your team, providing bonding and spiritual growth where they need it.
2020 Day Camp Dates
NEW in 2020 – Staff Training will only be held on 2 dates: Saturday, June 6 OR Saturday, July 11
Mission groups who are coming from a distance and cannot attend the training dates on schedule, please contact us to discuss options.
So choose early. It’s required for volunteers who will be camper group leaders.
Training Time: Noon – 6 pm, with dinner at 6pm
Camp Weeks : June 8 – 12, June 22 – 26, July 13-17, July 27-31
Times: Volunteers begin their day at 8 am at the lakeside pavilion and are free to go by 4:45-5pm, after cleanup, M-Th. On Friday staff can leave at 6pm, after the parent program and clean up, or stay for dinner and weekly wrap-up time with staff and families.
Mission groups and commuting volunteers arrive Saturday morning and begin training at Noon. Training will include learning to share your faith and the love of Christ with each other and campers, running through activities on location, connecting with each other, touring the property, reviewing the schedule and praying for the campers. Training should be completed by 6pm, with dinner at 6pm.
For groups who are staffing a week of camp that does not follow a training Saturday, you may arrive either on Saturday or Sunday, depending on the arrangement with the Day Camp coordinator.
You will be free on Sunday to spend time investing in your team. Camp begins 8:00 am Monday morning at the pavilion with praise and prayer and information.
After the campers leave on Friday, there is a Volunteer Appreciation picnic dinner with a time for sharing and encouraging each other with what God did during the week.
Groups may leave for home on Friday evening after the Picnic or on Saturday morning.
If your church has planned a mission trip out of the country or out of state for this upcoming summer, those who are unable to go on that trip due to expense or scheduling, can partner with another church and have their own life-changing trip closer to home or participate as a commuting volunteer. Even if your group doesn’t travel a long distance to STR, we will provide a focused, away-from-home experience. After ministering to others during the day, your group can debrief and have its own discipleship time around a campfire. After camp activities could include swimming/boating and/or others dependent on available leaders.
Your group will build relationships with children while helping them learn who God is, who they are according to God’s word, and how to grow in their relationship with God through lessons, fun activities and focused talk time. We will provide your team with leadership training that will be of life-time benefit to each person including how to lead a child to Christ, identifying and growing leadership qualities, and how to work with children exhibiting challenging behaviors. Training also includes orientation of the camp facilities and the schedule. Teaching materials are provided for those serving as teachers.
Looking forward to connecting and partnering with you,
STR Day Camp Team
See lots of photos on our Facebook page.