Strong Tower Ranch is a non profit 501(c)3. See our filing information with the Missouri Secretary of State.
Strong Tower Ranch 501(c)3
We are not formally affiliated with any other organization and Strong Tower Ranch does not operate any program or ministry other than Strong Tower Ranch as presented on this website.
Strong Tower Ranch will serve our program participants, without discrimination, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and social or financial status.
• STR provides free, year-around, horse programs and summer day camps for youth who have challenging life circumstances. Youth who qualify for these free programs are those who
- have a parent who is incarcerated
- have been removed from their home due to abuse or neglect
- have been sexually abused
- have had a parent die due to drug overdose, suicide, domestic violence, etc.
- have suffered any other kind of trauma
- if any sponsored openings remain, they are filled with children whose family would not be able to afford sending the child to camp. Most of these youth live in single parent homes and the young person will often be left home alone in the summer while the single parent works.
• STR provides summer day camp programs to paid campers. The fees from these campers help operate the camp and make it possible to provide free services to those with more challenging life circumstances as listed above. Half of our day campers are paid and half are sponsored.
• STR provides religious instruction to all campers, every day. They are taught Bible lessons, sing Christian songs, and pray.
• Campers do all the normal camp activities such as swimming, boating, fishing, archery, games, hiking, horseback riding, crafts, etc.
• Campers who need transportation are picked up in vans by STR and transported to and from camp so they don’t miss camp due to lack of transportation.
• Horse program participants of all ages are given emotional therapy using horses. They learn responsibility by helping with barn chores, grooming horses and learning how to act responsibly around the animals. They play “games” with the horses designed to highlight relational and emotional principles. Trained adults guide conversation and encourage participants in their emotional and spiritual growth.
• STR trains teens, young adults, and adults in leadership. STR holds training programs to help these leaders learn how to evangelize, how to be a good leader, and how to take care of campers.
• STR provides a place for area families, churches and organizations to come fellowship and encourage each other through STR’s property rental program.