Individual Mission Trip visit our volunteer page.
Day Camp Group Mission Trip
A summer mission trip to STR (staying at the Ranch) has five benefits for your group:
- Cost – $75 per person to STR (includes vol fee, lodging, lunches & snacks during camp) Your group decides additional costs for and provides your breakfasts & dinners.
- Training – Your team, ages 15+, receives leadership training to lead someone in a salvation decision and to encourage their growth in Christ. Some may also gain lesson teaching experience. These are important skills to bring to your church’s other outreaches.
- Outreach – If you are coming from Warren or St. Charles County, this outreach can enhance the efforts you are making to reach particular people in your community. STR will help to invite the children of families you are currently attempting to reach (and possibly provide transportation, if needed), giving you the opportunity to deepen those relationships.
- Service – Your team will experience ministry to children who need it the most– children of single parents who feel they can’t take their kids to church, children of prisoners, and children who have been removed from their homes and are in foster care.
- Discipleship – Besides the ministry outreach aspect, there is time every day from 5:00 pm on for you to have fun with and disciple your team, providing bonding and spiritual growth where they need it.
2018 DAY CAMP DATES!!!
June 11 – 15, and training on Sat. June 9
June 25 – 29, training on Sat. June 23
July 9 – 13, training on Sat. July 7
July 23 – 27, training on Sat. July 21
Times: Training Days at STR 8 am -4 pm Camp weeks M-Th 8 am -5 pm, F 8 am -6 pm (and picnic after)
Mission groups and commuting volunteers arrive Saturday morning and begin training at 8 a.m. Training will include running through activities on location so leaders become familiar with each other, the property and agenda before campers arrive on Monday morning. Training should be completed by 4 p.m.
You will be free on Sunday to spend time investing in your team. Camp begins 8:00 am Monday morning at the pavilion with praise and prayer.
After the campers leave on Friday, there is a Volunteer Appreciation picnic dinner with a time for sharing and encouraging each other with what God did during the week.
Groups may leave for home on Friday evening after the BBQ or on Saturday morning.
Are you looking for a mission trip for your youth (ages 15+), college or adult group that is reasonable in price and offers a personal ministry experience? Strong Tower Ranch would like to invite your group to come to the Ranch for a week-long mission trip this summer. Your group will minister to children, including many at-risk children who are in poverty, in broken homes, unchurched, and children of prisoners. These at-risk children would not be able to attend camp without the sponsorships provided through STR and without the ministry of your group. Even if your church has planned a trip out of the country or out of state, those who are unable to go due to expense or scheduling can have their own life-changing trip closer to home. Five groups came to STR in 2016 along with many individual/family volunteers and ministered to 337 children.
Even if your group doesn’t travel a long distance to STR, you will have a focused, away-from-home experience. After ministering to others during the day, your group can debrief and have its own discipleship time around a campfire. Evening activities can include such things as swimming and archery or other available activity.
Your group will minister to children through teaching, fun activities and counseling for salvation. We will provide your team with leadership training that will be of life-time benefit to each person. Training includes how to lead a child to Christ, leadership qualities, how to be an example to the children, how to deal with various situations and with difficult children, and orientation on the camp facilities and schedule. We also provide teaching materials ahead of time so those involved in teaching can be prepared for their own part.
See lots of photos on our Facebook page.